We hope you had a chance to watch or record the MTV Video Music Awards last night…especially if you want (or need) a new hairstyle.
If you haven’t watched the VMAs yet, go to hollywoodlife.com. or click on the photo above. For us, Rihanna was the mane news last night. Unless you read about it right before the awards show, Rihanna cutting off her hair came as a big surprise. Our response: We love, love, love it!
While Ri got most of our attention, there were plenty of other hair headliners. Some are saying the newly shorn star was inspired by Miley Cyrus, Elisabeth Moss, Emma Watson (who has grown out her hair) and Anne Hathaway (who’s in the process of going longer).
Speaking of Miley, she took an unexpected twist by wearing her hair up in a of-the-moment pompadour. She’s able to lift her short cut because the crown is longer than the base.
Taylor didn’t look much different on the Red Carpet, but why should she? Her glam looks work well for any gala, and little changes make her hair seem brand new. The darker, curly hair she sported for COVERGIRL were replaced by white blond, straight locks.
We were about to say Demi didn’t wear a new look, but then we realized she had gone from dip-dye purple to a bright blond ombre! Knowing Ms. Lovato she’ll be changing up her mane today or in the near future (with help from extensions, temp color, whatever).
That’s all we have time for now, but we’ll get back to the award-winning hairstyles ASAP!
- Miley Cyrus – MTV VMAs 2012 Red Carpet (justjared.com)
- Miley Cyrus V. Pink: Battle Of The Blonde Poufs At The 2012 MTV VMA (hollywoodlife.com)
- Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss cuts and colors her hair like Twiggy’s (not like Miley’s!) (realhairstyles.net)
- MTV Video Music Awards 2012: Best and Worst Fashion (GALLERY) (celebuzz.com)
- Pink & Miley Cyrus Rock Identical Looks at VMAs (people.com)