In honor of the New Year, we are doing a Grand Re-Opening of realhairstyles.net. For a variety of reasons (health of significant others, our real jobs and other circumstances beyond our control), we have been gone for far too long. So for 2012 we are resolving to do one blog posting a week or at the very least once every two weeks. While we were gone, you were faithful to us. Our first action is reassessing our viewer stats of all time. These stats have stayed consistent for the past year and a half, and they give us a good idea of your fave (and not so fave) celebrity hairstyles.
The top most-viewed are:
1. Home page
2. Country Music Hairstyles: Taylor Swift, Julianne Hough, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood
3. Emma Stone’s hair color: What was she thinking? Blond and Fall for Emma Stone’s haircolor Rich Red
4. Taylor Swift’s hairstyles “Speak Now!”
5. Meghan Linsey’s hairstyle, boyfriend and their “Steel Magnolia”
6. Miley Cyrus‘ style going straight from PG to R
7. Carey Mulligan’s hair: an Education in style (we wouldn’t have guessed this because her weekly and monthly stats weren’t that high!)
8. Mad Women hairstyles: January Jones, Christina Hendricks & Elizabeth Moss
9. Ombre celebrity haircolor: Sarah Jessica Parker, Drew Barrymore, Alexa Chung, Gisele Bundchen…
10. Demi Lovato’s hair sparks public debate
11. Marilyn Monroe hairstyles: Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Lady Gaga (and Marilyn, of course!)
12. More on ombre haircolor: Camilla Alves and Jessica Biel
13. Victoria Beckham’s hairstyles are ever-changing
14. The women of Mad Men (again)
15. Timeless star style: Audrey Hepburn and Leslie Caron
16. Update on Janet Jacson’s new hairstyle
17. The James Bond Girls of Iron Man
18. Celebrity Apprentice hairstyles (from 2 years ago!)
19. The wizardly world of Emma Watson‘s Hairstyle
20. Julianne Hough stands out!
Other most-viewed posts include topics such as Jennifer Anist0n’s lob, Agyness Deyn‘s buzz cut, more Meghan Linsey, Evangeline Lilly’s hairstyles: Lost and Found, new style Fish-Tail Braids (Leona Lewis, Jennifer Aniston & Evangeline), Brond haircolor and much, much more.
On the other hand, the lowest of the low were looked at only 2 to 29 times. Among your non-interesting subjects are Miley Cyrus (note that one of her posts is in the top 10!), Green hairstyles, Kate Gosselin, Rihanna, Betty White, Jessica Simpson, Katherine Heigl, Taylor Swift/Jake Gyllenhaal, latest Robin Hood movie, bangs for babies, Sarah Michelle Gellar before and after Buffy, Ke$sha, Hayden Panettierie (personally a mane makover we loved) and sideswept hairstyles of Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet and Katee Sackhoff… whew…we’re out of breath and can’t bear to continue with the negatives.
We’re also nearing the end of our Jan. 2, 2012 posting. After all we can’t sum up 6 months in 1 day! So we’ll sum it up with blogs we hope to post in the next month: The Best Hairstyles of 2011; Hairstyles of Ashlee Simpson, Emma Watson, Emma Watson, Julianne Hough, Jennifer Aniston, etc.; Kate Hudson’s worst hairstyle ever!; Rooney Mara and the hottest rising hairstyles today; etc., etc.