Janet Jackson has joined the ranks of today’s celebrities who are on the cutting edge: Hayden Panettiere, Agyness Deyn, Renee Zellweger, Michelle Williams, Heidi Klum and more. The buzz is because these trendsetters are going short and shorter with their hairstyles. The star do-over will get the same kind of media attention the others have gotten…mainly because they are going against popular opinion (that women have to have long hair to be sexy). Sure, she’s gorgeous with long hair piled into a high crown. But the buzz cut is pretty, easy, fresh and makes Janet look like a new woman! This breaking news couldn’t have come at a better time for the singer/actress who is promoting Why Did I Get Married Too? She just turned 44 and soon will be doing PR for another movie. The new do also coincides with a new romance to replace a 7-year relationship that ended last summer. We know what you’re going to say about the makeover, but tell us anyway!
Photo at right: Rotello/MCP/Startraks from People StyleWatch.
real hairstylescelebrity hairstyles that work (or don't!) for real women
What we're blogging about2nd opinions Celebrity Hair Color Celebrity haircolor Celebrity Hairstyles Celebrity Wanna-Bes Celebs Country Music star hairstyles Emma Stone's hair Fashion/nonfashion gossip Horrible Celebrity Hairstyles Models More good stuff Movies Music Personal Readers' Opinion Readers' Opinions real hair Retro hairstyles Soaps Soap Star Hairstyles star hairstyles star makeovers Stars of Reality TV star styles that work in real life Teen Choice Awards TV
- Agyness Deyn's buzz cut is growing on us!
- Carey Mulligan's hair: an education in style
- Academy Award-winning hairstyles: Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence & Michelle Williams
- Charlize Theron wants her hair back…
- Celebrity Apprentice hairstyles: Maria Kanellis, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne
- Still the most daring Dixie Chick: Natalie Maines and her new buzz cut!
your fave celebs